Mauche, Lee & Kallman 1997
- Bibinfo (this paper at ADS)
- Mauche, C.W., Lee, Y.P., Kallman, T.R. 1997, ApJ 477, 832-847.
- Observational: IUE and Modelling.
- 20 CVs in the IUE ULDA exhibiting emission line dominated spectra,
EX Hya, and
- Statistical analysis of UV line ratios are presented.
Even for normal systems (FO Aqr, TV Col, DQ Her and EX Hya
as well as many AM Hers and dwarf novae in quiescence),
collisional and photoionization models both have problems.
Si IV/C IV ratios are okay, but predicted N V/C IV are too
law, and He II/C IV ratios could not be reproduced. Photoionization
with 10eV blackbody did the most respectable job. GK Per and AE Aqr
(along with V Sge and BY Cam) have higher Si IV/C IV and N V/C IV ratios.
Please send your comments, suggestions etc. to