Instrument Fact Sheets
Note: The OST instrument designs are still undergoing refinement. These fact sheets may not reflect the final design parameters.
- Far-IR Imager and Polarimeter (FIP) Fact Sheet (2018.09.03)
- Heterodyne Receiver for OST (OST) Fact Sheet (2018.05.09)
- Mid-Infrared Imager, Spectrometer, and Camera (MISC) Fact Sheet (2018.09.03)
- Origins Survey Spectrometer (OSS) Fact Sheet (2018.05.15)
Interim Study Report
- 2013 Astrophysics Roadmap: Enduring Quests, Daring Visions
- 2015 COPAG Report on Large Mission Concept Studies
- 2015 ExoPAG Report on Large Mission Concept Studies
Decadal Mission Concept Study Planning Documents
- NASA 2020 Decadal Survey Planning documents
- "The Space Science Decadal Surveys: Lessons Learned and Best Practices"
- NASA Cosmic Origins Program Annual Technology Report (2015)
Science Papers and Presentations
February 2014 first FISICA workshop on "Science Goals of a Sub-arcsecond Far-infrared Space Observatory"
- Oral presentations
- "Definition/update of key science questions and relevant data products" FISICA document D.1
May 2014 workshop on "Bringing Fundamental Astrophysical Processes Into Focus: A Community Workshop to Plan the Future of Far-Infrared Space Astrophysics"
June 2015 Far-IR Community Workshop
Technology Papers and Presentations
- High fidelity cryothermal test of a subscale large space telescope
- A Review of Metal Mesh Filters
- Magnetic Bearing based cryo-mechanisms for future IR missions
Related Far-IR Mission Concept Study Documents
- Far-IR Mission Concept Summary
- The Cryogenic Aperture Large Infrared Space Telescope Observatory (CALISTO)
- Space Infrared Interferometric Telescope (SPIRIT) (c. 2009)
- Far-Infrared Interferometer (FIRI)
- Space Infrared Telescope for Cosmology and Astrophysics (SPICA)
- Exploratory Sub-millimeter Space Radio-Interferometric Telescope (ESPRIT)
- The Next Big Thing (NBT) for NRAO
- Single-Aperture Far-Infrared (SAFIR) Observatory (c. 2005)