Multiwavelength Milky Way Education Page
This site presents to you views of the Milky Way galaxy which you can never get just by standing outside and looking up into the night sky.
Although this page is primarily intended for educators, students of all types can learn a lot as well.
From this page, you can access online images of the Milky Way galaxy at ten wavelength regions. You can also access information on several Multiwavelength Milky Way resources (see Product menu to the left). You can examine sections (listed below) relating to this project, either for classroom use or your own personal learning. Within each section, is a short list of activities and lesson plans gathered from the web. A list of external on-line resources is available, along with a growing glossary.
For more technical information, references, and online data access links, please visit the Science Users page.
The following links will take you outside of these pages. Use your browser's back button or list of recently accessed pages to return.
- Astronomy Picture of the Day - images, along with descriptions
- The Cosmic and Heliospheric Learning Center - astrophysics basics and the Sun environment
- IMAGERS: the Electromagnetic Spectrum - an introduction, with exploration into the different wavelength regions
- Imagine the Universe - learning center for students age 14 and up
- NASA's Observatorium Education Resources - remote sensing basics
- Shedding a New Light on the Universe - basic information on multiwavelength or X-ray astronomy